Information on the application procedure:
The Langen Science Award is granted for excellent scientific work in the following areas:
• Infectiology in human and veterinary medicine (including virology, bacteriology, immunology)
• Research into innovative prevention and treatment strategies in biomedicine
• Gene and cell therapy and tissue Engineering
• Pharmacovigilance and pharmaco epidemiology
• and technological methods relating to the above areas.
Applications are possible both for individuals and for teams. Applications by young scientists are welcomed with priority. However there is no age limit.
The award is open for the whole of Germany.
A list of the application documents to be submitted can be found on the Internet pages of the Association for the Promotion of the Langen Science Award and the Paul Ehrlich Institute at
Please submit your application documents electronically to
There will be a scientific event at the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut in the autumn of 2019 where the applicants will present their results and where the award winner will be determined among the best applications received.
The celebrations for the award presentation will take place on 15 November 2019 at the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut.